Address: Cherrymount Crescent, off the Malahide Road, Marino, Dublin 3.
Telephone No: +353 1 833 1618
Fax No: +353 1 833 2636
14th March - 31st October: Open daily 10am - 5pm
Last admission 45 mins before closing.
Access to the site is available for group bookings in the off-season by prior arrangement. Please telephone above numbers.
The Casino can be closed from time to time for Civil Ceremonies
Average Length of Visit: One hour.
E Adult: €3.00
Toilets and car/coach park.
The Casino was designed by Sir William Chambers as a pleasure house for James Caulfeild, 1st Earl of Charlemont. It is one of the finest 18th century neo-classical buildings in Europe The Casino, meaning "small house", surprisingly contains 16 finely decorated rooms, endlessly rich in subtlety and design. It is a remarkable building - both in terms of structure and history.
The Casino is located at Marino, just off the Malahide Road and only three miles north of the centre of Dublin.
Location: 5km north of City Centre, off the Malahide Road, after junction with Griffith Avenue (turn left at pedestrian lights after Dublin Fire Brigade Training H.Q.).
Longitude 6 13' 35" North
Latitude 53 22' 17" West
Bus Route(s): From Connolly Station - 14, 27, 27A, 27B, 42, 43 and 128
Abbey St Lower: 42, 43
Eden Quay: 14, 27, 27A, 27B, 128
O'Connell Street: 123 to Griffith Avenue terminus.
Nearest stop to the Casino is Nazareth House.
Dart to Clontarf (25minute walk to Casino).
Guided Tours: Access by guided tour only.
Duration: 45 mins.
Leaflet/Guide book: English
Seasonal Events: Please check in advance using contact details listed above.
Photography / Video allowed: No.
The interior is accessed by a stairway.
Please Note : Parents / Guardians must strictly supervise children at this site. There is a steep drop at the top of the steps of the monument.