St Stephens Green
Address: St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2
Telephone No: +353 1 475 7816
Fax No: +353 1 475 5287
Open all year 2014
Gardens Opening Times: Mon-Sat 07.30, Sun and Holidays 09.30
Gardens Closing Times: According to daylight hours
Gardens open Christmas Day 10.00-13.00
Average Length of Visit: 1 - 2 hours
(Please phone +353 1 475 7816
for exact closing times)
Playground, garden for the visually impaired.
Restaurant/Tearooms: None on site but several close by.
Ireland's best known Victorian public park. Re-opened by Lord Ardilaun in 1880 for the citizens of Dublin. This 9 hectare / 22 acre park has been maintained in the original Victorian layout with extensive perimeter tree and shrub planting, spectacular spring and summer Victorian bedding. The herbaceous border also provides colour from early spring to late autumn. Sanctuary from inclement weather can be obtained in the Victorian lakeside shelter or in the Victorian Swiss shelters in the center of the park.
Over 3.5 km of pathways are accessible for all users. The waterfall and Pulham rock work on the western side of the green are worth of a visit likewise the ornamental lake which provides a home for waterfowl and a garden for the visually impaired. A number of sculptures are located throughout the green. A children's playground is a popular attraction of the park. Lunchtime concerts are performed during the summer months.
Location: Centre of Dublin, at the top of Grafton Street.
Bus Route(s): All city center routes
Guided Tours: Available on request.
Leaflet/Guide book: None
Seasonal Events: Please check in advance using contact details listed above.
Photography / Video allowed: Yes, but permit required for commercial purposes