Address: Muckross Estate, Killarney.
Telephone No: +353 64 6670144
Fax No: +353 64 6670116
Access all year round, except to areas undergoing conservation works.
Public car park close to site
This Franciscan Friary was founded in the 15th century and is in a remarkable state of preservation. The tower was added after the church was built and is the only Franciscan tower in Ireland which is as wide as the church. The cloister and its associated buildings are complete and an old yew tree stands in the centre. The monks were finally driven out by the Cromwellians in 1652.
Location: 4km from Killarney along N71 (Kenmare Road). 5-10 mins. walk from car park near Muckross Park Hotel