Glebe House and Gallery (The Derek Hill Collection) (Donegal)
Address: Churchill, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
Telephone No: +353 74 913 7071
Fax No: +353 74 913 7816
2014 Opening Times:
Gallery only: Easter (16th - 27th April)
Daily 11:00 - 18:30
Closed from April 27th to May 30th
Re-opens 31st May - 1st October
Open Sat - Thurs in June & September 11.00 - 18.30 (closed Fridays)
Open Daily July & August 11:00 - 18:30.
Last Tour 1 hour before closing
Average Length of Visit: 1.5 hours
Gallery - Free of charge.
Exhibitions, toilets, and car/coach park. Videos (in English) relating to Derek Hill and the House are shown in the coffee shop.
Restaurant/Tearooms: Coffee shop (Summer months only) Seating capacity: 50
Regency House, 1828, set in woodland gardens, decorated with William Morris textiles, Islamic and Japanese art etc. The collection includes 300 works by leading 20th century artists; Picasso, Kokoshka as well as Irish and Italian artists. Exhibitions are shown in the adjoining gallery. Access to ground floor of the Gallery for people with disabilities.
Location: 18km from Letterkenny on R251
Bus routes: Contact Bus Eireann Travel Centre +353 1 836 6111
Guided Tours: Access to the house by guided tour only.
Max. No: 15
Duration: 45 mins.
Leaflet/Guide Booklet: English.
Photography allowed: No