Start Date 14 Mar 2014
End Date 17 Mar 2014
Kilkenny TradFest 2014 (St Patrick's Weekend):
Kilkenny TradFest - a feast of traditional music, song and dance - will kick off on Friday evening 14th March and continue right through until the evening of St Patrick's Day on Monday 17th March. This year's TradFest has an amazing line-up and performances will take place in twelve venues and will include performances by Kíla, Andy Irvine, Beginish, The Voice Squad, Edel Fox & Neil Byrne, Beoga. Dervish, Rynne / Barou / Lunny to name but a few.....
Kilkenny Castle's Parade Tower Wing will host a series of musical workshops on both Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th March:
Saturday 15th March:
- Flute Master-class (Intermediate) with Harry Bradley - TG4 Musician of the Year 2014
- Uileann Pipe Master class (Intermediate) with Harry Bradley
- Fiddle Workshop (Intermediate) with Anthony McCauley
Sunday 16th March:
- Sean Nós Singing Workshop (All Levels) with Neil Ní Chróinín
- Fiddle Workshop (Experienced) with Anthony McCauley
- Concertina Workshop (Intermediate to Experienced) with Edel Fox
- Accordion Workshops (Intermediate to Experienced) with Brendan Begley
- Guitar Workshops (Intermediate to Experienced) with Caoimhín O'Fearghail
Kilkenny Castle Park will host a FREE outdoor concert on St Patrick's Day from 2pm to 5pm with 'Beoga & Guests'
For the full programme of events and booking locations, please visit www.kilkennytradfest.com
- The Parade Tower Events Office - +353 56 77 04108 - www.kilkennycastle.ie
Start Date 17 Mar 2014
End Date 17 Mar 2014
Kilkenny City Harriers and Fit4Life will hold their annual 5k 'St Patrick's Day Dash' on Monday, March 17th, which will start and finish at The Watershed and pass through Kilkenny Castle Park en route.
There will be chip timing and prizes.......
Starting time: 11am at The Watershed
- Registration / Fees at The Watershed on the morning of Monday 17th March up to 10:45am / at the track from Monday to Thursday 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Registration Fee: €12 and €20 per Family - (with chip timing included).
- For further information, please visit www.kch.ie or call Irene at 087 785 2004
- Local charities will benefit from this St Patrick's Day Dash
Kilkenny City Harriers is the City's Athletics Club and was established in 1953 and has a membership of over 500 juveniles and over 300 senior members.
Fit4life is an Athletics Ireland initiative that was rolled out through the Club and is a very popular environment for adults to get fit, in a non-competitive environment through walking, jogging and running.