Start Date 08 Aug 2014
End Date 17 Aug 2014
Times See below
OPW & Kilkenny Castle are delighted to welcome Kilkenny Arts Festival 2014, which will take place in the City from Friday 8th to Sunday 17th August.
The following events are programmed for Kilkenny Castle & Park:
The Long Gallery
Monday 11th August 8pm - 'Beethoven Quest The Irish Songbook' Featuring mezzo-soprano Alison Browner, tenor Eamonn Mulhall and friends. The programme this evening offers a chance to hear Beethoven's settings newly matched with classic texts.
The Parade Tower
- Saturday 9th August 2pm - 'Kunst und Kirche' (Art and Church) - Dr Guido Schlimbach - FREE but ticketed
- Sunday 10th August 3:30pm - 'Palimpsest: Intervention and Change in Irish Architecture - Niall McCullough
- Tuesday 12th August 6pm - 'Writing Lives: The Art of Historical Biography' with Lady Antonia Fraser & Roy Foster
- Wednesday 13th August 6pm - 'Historic Irish Demesnes' - Thomas Pakenham
- Friday 15th August 5pm - 'Kilkenny Poetry Broadsheet' - FREE but ticketed
- Saturday 16th August 3pm - ' Beethoven Quest: The Man Behind the Music' - Gerry Murphy
- Saturday 16th August 6pm - Billy Collins (American Poet)
- Sunday 17th August 4:30pm - 'A Story in Stone: Irish Medieval Stonecarvers & their Patrons' - Eamonn Kellly
Children's Events at The Parade Tower - Ticketed events:
Saturday 9th August 11am - Cartoon Saloon Talk on the making of 'Puffin Rock' suitable for ages 9 to 12 years to be followed by screening of some of Cartoon Saloon's award winning cartoons.
Kilkenny Castle Park
'Architects of Air' return this year with the Irish debut of their latest 'LUMINARIUM' - Ticketed event
A Luminarium is a light-filled, inflatable sculpture designed to invoke wonder and awe. Throughout the Arts Festival visitors will be able to wander through this 'Pentalum' exploring its breathtaking central dome and a maze of magical spaces filled with enchanting light effects. A mesmerising experience loved by children and adults alike.
Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th August 10am to 6pm
Monday 11th to Friday 15th August 12pm to 6pm
Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th August 10am to 6pm
The Rose Garden:
'Secret Garden Music' - FREE
Sunday 10th, Tuesday 12th, Thursday 14th & Saturday 16th August at 3pm in the Rose Garden of Kilkenny Castle. Other Garden venues in this programme will be Butler House Gardens, Heritage Council Gardens & Rothe House Gardens. The Gardens are secret and so are the Artists. Suitable for all the family and 15 minutes in duration.
For the full programme of Kilkenny Arts Festival events and bookings:
Web www.kilkennyarts.ie Tel. 056 775 2175 Box Office: 14 John's Street, Kilkenny.
Start Date 25 Jun 2014
End Date 06 Aug 2014
Ceoltoiri Kilkenny, a group of over 20 talented musicians, singers and dancers will present a weekly colourful and exciting Irish Entertainment Show at the Parade Tower during the months of July and early August. A truly memorable and enjoyable evening for all the family.
Details as follows for Wednesday evening Shows:
- Time: 8:30pm to 10:30pm approx
- Doors open 8pm
- Admission: Adults €10 / Concession €8 / Children €5 / Group rate (10 or more) €7 per person
- For further information or advance bookings please contact Noreen at 086 824 9618 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates : Wednesdays, June 25th - August 6th inclusive.