Parkes Castle

Parke's Castle

Contact Details

Address: Kilmore, Fivemilebourne, Co. Leitrim, F91 FP71
 
Telephone No: +353 71 916 4149
Fax No: +353 71 916 4546
Email: parkescastle@opw.ie

Opening Hours

Please note that the Bawn area of Parke's Castle will be closed to the public to facilitate Works until the end of the season. Also there will be no visitor access to the public toilets. However temporary Portaloos will be installed at the site for the duration of the works.  

This site will be free of charge while works are ongoing.  Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

2017

6th April - 4th October

Daily 10.00 - 18.00

Last admission 45 minutes before closing

Average Length of Visit: 1 Hour

Admission Fees

Adult: €5.00
Group/Senior: €4.00
Child/Student: €3.00
Family: €13.00

Facilities

Exhibitions, toilets and toilet for visitors with disabilities, public car / coach park close to the site.

 

 

A restored plantation castle of the early 17th century, picturesquely situated on the shores of Lough Gill, once the home of Robert Parke and his family. The Courtyard grounds contain evidence of an earlier 16th century Tower House structure once owned by Sir Brian O'Rourke who subsequently was executed at Tyburn, London in 1591. The Castle has been restored using Irish oak and traditional craftsmenship. Access for visitors with disabilities to ground floor.

Location: On the Sligo-Dromahair Road (R286), 11 km from Sligo Town or 7 km from Dromahair

Bus Route(s): Contact Bus Eireann, Travel Centre +353 1 8366111  

Guided Tours: Available on request
Maximum No: 25     
Duration: 40 Minutes

Leaflet/Guide book: English, Irish, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Seasonal Events: Please check in advance using contact details listed above

Photography / Video allowed: Not allowed in the interior of the Castle but allowed on grounds (non commercial). Permission required for commercial photography